LLFA® Tape is a self fusing tape that can be used to provide a high tension wrap that will create an enduring seal under extreme environmental conditions. It will insulate and seal electrical cable splices where high and low temperature stability is needed, and where moisture, weather and radiation resistance is required.
Self amalgamating tapes have been on the market for many years. However this new generation product, LLFA® Tape is:
- Faster fusing
- Near to 0% water absorbent
- Abrasion and tear resistant
- An extremely good insulator
- Easily applied, durable and resilient.
LLFA® provides a new alternative in electrical cable splicing and terminating. Due to its remarkable properties, it is also used to repair punctured water, air and hydraulic pipes that are subject to pressure and temperature variants.
For electrical applications:
- Use on any Low Voltage electrical splice. It is also suitable for Medium Voltage or High Voltage applications up to 69,000 volts.
- If LLFA® is in your tool box, there is no need to wait for the right size kit to arrive!
- Turn on the power without delay – no curing time required.
- Use for sealing, harnessing, water-proofing and UV shielding.
- One roll of tape will cover several medium sized jobs.
- Long life in extreme environments.
- Suitable for submarine and subterranean applications - Self fusing layers form a water tight compressing sheath.
- Avoid cutting cable to repair a nicked or weathered jacket – LLFA® Tape seals instantaneously.
As a “Class H” material, LLFA® is specifically proven to be reliable within the -90°C to 260°C (500°F) temperature range.
Self Fusing Silicone Tape for Use in Extreme Environments
Class "H" insulation
Exceeds MIL A-A-59163
Part #: R1-5-8A
25.4mm x 10.91m x 1mm/roll (1in x 36ft x 0.040in)