LLFA® Smooth is a fast-acting insulating putty that stays flexible and works well in conjunction with LLFA® Tape. It is an ideal solution for filling rough and/or uneven surface before using LLFA® Tape to seal the leak.
Some of LLFA® Smooth’s notable features are:
- It is soft enough to mold into any cavity or change in diameter, yet consistent enough to hold its shape once applied.
- It saves time as LLFA® Smooth molds quickly and easily, without the use of gloves or chemicals.
- It saves money by reducing application time. Also, by not having to make additional layers to fill in gap, less LLFA® tape is needed to create the seal.
LLFA® Smooth has the same insulation and temperature stability rating as LLFA® Tape. Once applied, the LLFA® Tape and LLFA® Smooth will amalgamate over time to form a homogenous mass.
Properties of LLFA® Smooth:
- Electrical Splice Insulating Putty.
- Smooth = >113g / ¼lb pack.
- Smooth Brick = 100mm x 150mm / 4” x 6”.
- Smooth Thin = >100g 2mm x 25mm (.08”x1”).
|Temperature Range||90'C through to 260'C|
|Dielectric Strength||400VPM* LIFA 40**,600VPM* LIFA 20,800VPM* LIFA 12|
|Tear Resistance||>130 PSI|
|Water Absorption||<< 0.5%|
|Track Resistance||Will prevent electrical conduction along its surface.|
|UV Resistance||Highly UV resistant.|
|Adhesion (Fusion)||Standard requirement:"Tape shall not unwind more than 1.0 inch after 3 minutes with an attached load of 600g." Tape shall not unwind more than 1.0 inch after 3 minutes with an attached load of 600g.|
|Thermal Stability||-90'C to 260'C continuous|
|Tensile Strength||> 1200 PSI throughout temperature range.|
|Breaking Strength||> 15 lbs.|
|Durometer Hardness||15 lbs|
|Acids and Alkaline||No negative effect from brief exposure to acids and alkaline and can withstand submersion up to 3 days.|
|Corona Resistance||Corona resistant; wrapping tension minimises voids in which corona exists.|
|Ozone Resistance||Highly ozone resistant.|
|Self Extinguishing||UL standard 94 rating V-0. Tested to IEEE383 and IEEE1212 for flammability - self extinguishes and will not propagate a flame.|
|Standard Compliance||ASTM D2240, A-A-59163, ASTM D-149, ASTM D-412, MIL-I-46852, ASTM D2148, ASTM D3767 (LLFA specifications meet other international standards not included in this list.)|
|*VPM = Volts Per Mil (1 Mil = 0.0254 mm)
** LLFA 40 is a 40 Mil thick tape (40 Mil = 1.016 mm)